OpenVDB is an open source C++ library comprising a novel hierarchical data structure and a suite of tools for the efficient storage and manipulation of sparse volumetric data discretized on three-dimensional grids. It is developed and maintained by DreamWorks Animation for use in volumetric applications typically encountered in feature film production.
October 31 2013
OpenVDB 2.0.0 is now available to download. This release features:
- accelerated rendering support, and a simple, command-line ray tracer
- a Python module for basic manipulation of grids
- manifold meshing and masking for volume-to-mesh conversion
- detail-preserving masking for particle-to-level-set conversion
- numerous bug fixes, optimizations and API improvements
- Houdini 13 integration
As always, see the release notes for more information. Also, stay tuned for OpenVDB Maya plugins, coming soon.
June 28 2013
OpenVDB 1.2.0 is now available to download.See the release notes for more information.
May 10 2013
OpenVDB 1.1.1 is now available to download.See the release notes for more information.