OpenVDB is an open source C++ library comprising a novel hierarchical data structure and a suite of tools for the efficient storage and manipulation of sparse volumetric data discretized on three-dimensional grids. It is developed and maintained by DreamWorks Animation for use in volumetric applications typically encountered in feature film production.
January 14 2015
OpenVDB 3.0.0 is now available to download.
Highlights of this release include
- fast Blosc LZ4 file compression
- delayed loading of .vdb files
- new tools for fast spatial sorting of points and fast range and nearest-neighbor searches
- a new diagnostic tool that validates level set and fog volumes, identifies out-of-range values, etc.
- two new Houdini nodes, Morph Level Set and Resize Narrow Band, and a new To Polygons Maya node
- numerous stability and performance improvements.
See the release notes for more information.
December 19 2014
Expect the OpenVDB 3.0.0 production release in early January.
April 23 2014
OpenVDB 2.3.0 is now available to download. See the release notes for more information.